Refunds and ticket changes
When you book directly with LNER, we can help you when your plans change and you're no longer travelling.
Book with confidence until 30 September 2022. You can change your tickets fee-free or request an eVoucher which are valid for 12 months.
Refunds can take up to 28 days to process.
Changing your ticket
Before 6pm the day before travel
- If you know your new date/time of travel, you can change your ticket instantly in your account.
- If you do not know when you will be travelling or your tickets aren't available yet, fill in our Refund form and you will receive an eVoucher for the full amount of your original journey that is valid for 12 months.
After 6pm the day before travel
- Go to My bookings in your LNER account on our website and find the ticket you want to change and click View and Edit
- Click the Amend your journey button
- Use the date and time picker to find a new ticket
- The price shown includes an industry-wide £10 fee plus the difference in price
- Select your new ticket, choose your new seat (or let us choose one for you) and then pay the balance
- You'll be emailed your new booking and it will show in your account on the LNER website and LNER Mobile App.
Refund: book direct on LNER.co.uk or on the LNER app
Refund: booked elsewhere
Bought your ticket at the station?
If you are unable to go to a Travel Centre to apply for your refund, we can offer a refund with proof that your tickets have been void.
- Email your request to email@example.com
- Subject line in your email must only be: Travel Centre Refund
- A picture of your paper ticket, please provide a picture of your ticket cut up and with the words “Voided” written on it (picture sizes can be up to 3.5mb)
If you are eligible for a cash refund, our Customer Services team will arrange a BACS transfer and will inform you how to do this. Refunds can take up to 28 days to process.
Bought your tickets elsewhere?
We pride ourselves in offering you the best customer experience. Unfortunately, if you haven't booked here on our website or app, we aren't able to help you. Of course we recommend booking with LNER next time, but for now here's some useful links: